Ten Things To Do To Avoid The Winter Blahs in Atlanta
Today we got our first Winter snow in metro Atlanta, and not to surprising, most people did not believe it was happening until they could see it. Well they saw it at 12 noon, and it was a little late at that point as everything, every school system and every government office started releasing people to go home. Traffic jam is an understatement. Traffic disaster is a more appropriate term.
As I sat here at home working on listings, contracts and marketing initiatives, I started to think about what we folks in metro Atlanta can do not to let this weather situation get us down. Here are my ten things.
- Find a book to read. Many of us often complain about not having time to read. Today is a good day to do some reading.
- Write a letter to a friend or family member you have been meaning to call. I still enjoy receiving hand written letters. The time and effort put into a had written letter shows real appreciation.
- Catch with folks on social media sites. Not everyone goes on Facebook and Twitter daily to connect. Me personally I go on every two to three days. Today is a good day to get on and re-connect with folks and see what's happening.
- Use your imagination. That's right. Take some time to close your eyes and image you achieving a special goal or objective you have se for yourself. Maybe it is a place you want to travel to. Our imagination is one of the most powerful tools we have for changing our lives. Right now I am imagining a trip to a place with a warmer climate.
- Write a blog post. No time like the now to get online and write a blog post. So many things you can write about. Maybe how you feel about the snow and ice. Maybe about a new diet you are trying. Maybe about a best friend you appreciate. Just jump online and start typing.
- Organize a space that has bothered you because of the clutter. I have a little clutter on my desk, so I am getting it cleared up today. When you get rid of clutter, you can think more clearly.
- Go outside for a few minute and take in the fresh air. A few minutes outside enjoying the snow and embracing the drastic change in the weather mey be just what you need to keep a smile on your face. Maybe a fifteen to twenty minute in the neighborhood to get your blood pumping is just the right amount of exercise for today. Try it.
- Plan your gift for Valentine's Day. Valentine's' Day is only a few weeks away. While you have some free time, take to it plan a special surprise for your significant other.
- Watch a movie. Check your DVD collection, just on Netflix or Hulu.com. Find a movie you enjoy, make some popcorn and enjoy your downtime.
- Start doing your taxes. No fun with this one, but it is what it is. I am finishing up 1099s for my clients this week. Just remember taxes are a zero sum game. No winners or losers. So the big fat refund check was just you loaning money to the federal government for twelve months.
Hopefully everyone gets home safe and finds a way to make the most of this first major snow day. BONUS! Get some sleep.
Office 404-418-8092 Cell 404-246-3210 Fax 404-991-3770